Personal Branding, When you think of personal branding then some famous superstars come to your mind such as Mark Zuckerberg, Kim Kardashian and Oprah Winfrey.
Personal branding is that the method of building your public persona for your targeted audience. it’s the type of promoting folks and their careers as a complete. Personal branding is an associate degree in progress method of developing and maintain a standard, reputation and impression of a group, individual and organization.
In personal branding, some self- facilitate practices target self-improvement, and it defines as a kind of self-packing. Personal stigmatization is that the completely different combination of skills experience, and temperament that you just wish your follower. In the telling of your story, you can gain followers or customers from your online reputation.
Personal branding also includes carefully communicating your business values, goals, belief and purpose.
Everyone has a personal brand including you. It is something that people think when they hear your name, what they see when they search you on Google and your presence on social media platforms. And here are the top rules for building a unique and inviting personal brand-
- Have a focus point- There are too many people who are not focused when it comes to press and coverage and they are trying to be everything to everyone. You want to keep your message targeted for your audience and will create it easier to each produce content around your personal complete and have others outline you. The short and focused your brand is, the easier it is for people to remember who you are. Your narrow-down brand is something that people will remember.
- Be genuine- You must be genuine and authentic as it the easy to have an original brand. Being genuine is something that will make it easier to manage your personal brand on a daily basis. Your personal brand must be an easy daily filter that you make content and it will reach out to your audience. You should be a master of your craft and industry before you are going to start your personal brand. If you’re totally skilled in one space then your name alone can assist you to form the complete you would like.
- A story- If your personal brand is not telling a story then you should be ready to lose half of your audience. The most effective personal branding strategy these days is to create a true narrative. No one wants to hear you shout about your brand so you must have a story around your brand that your audience can connect with. One of the best ways to share your brand story is through video or written content. You can simply use your smartphone to video message your clients and can make a personal connection with them.
- Consistency- Being consistent is the same as to having a narrow focus and it is an easier way to get recognized for one topic if you are consistently creating your content and brand voice around it. You should be sure that your personal brand promise to stay consistent online as well as offline. If you are creating a wild, incredible fun brand then you should be more on the corporate and conservative side and keep in mind that consistency is the key.
- Be ready to fail- Failure is tough but all of us want to avoid it and that is basic human nature. To have a personal brand that rises above the rest then you need to have a failure because it makes you kind of aware of what can happen to you. You will never get the best branding until you fail a couple of times while pushing past your comfort zone. The very best things always come from repeated trial and error, mistakes and failures but not from instant perfection.
- Live your brand- One of the ways you can build your brand difficult on yourself is to keep separate your brand from your personal life. It is easier when you start creating a personal brand to have your lifestyle and brand the same.
- Leave the legacy- Once you’ve got designed your personal complete with a typical and community behind it then your next step ought to be to trust the legacy that you just can leave behind. Your personal brand is your lifelong project that constantly evolves and changes with time. Even some specialists build or enhance the biggest brands in the business know that there are not any arduous set of rules for creating a personal brand. But these are some general guidelines that can help you to start your new brand or rebrand.
What does Personal branding include?
After a little bit of brainstorming and research, you should be ready to design your persona for your personal brand. Your personal brand will help you to know and understand the competitive market and the unique elements of your personal brand. Your personal branding should include-
- Identifying your personality- Today’s environment appeals to your emotion. You must figure out that what your personality is and how your target audience can connect with you emotionally. It is quite possible that you have a wicked sense of humor, a charming sense of determination and are super organized.
- Describing yourself- You must have a definition that who are you? But answering this question can be a lot tougher and tricky than you could think. Tough once it involves making your personal complete then you would like to raise yourself what you are doing, why individuals such as you and what’s your brand value.
- Identifying your value- Finally, you must tell your customers that what can you give your customers that others cannot and what makes your brand different from others. There has to be something unique about your that stands you apart from the others in the competitive market.
What are the 4 steps of personal branding?
There are 4 major steps that will help you start to develop yourself into a brand where potential customers and employers would like to associate your name with your service or product.
Step 1: Envision yourself as a brand
Your first step to making a personal brand is to think of yourself as a brand. But this does not mean that you are a lifeless or non- living product, this means that you should think about how you can market your skills, services or products to others by using your name.
You should ask yourself that your area of expertise, what you want your name to be associated and consider what you have to offer that others are willing to pay for either as a customer or as an employer. You should be specific here and you do not worry about limiting yourself to just one area. It does not matter that you will have a smaller audience but you must have a more valuable audience.
Step 2: Build your online presence
As soon as you have defined your brand then you need to make your online presence. There is a good place to start is by googling your name. But as you move forward with developing your personal brand then google yourself regularly to analyze the presence of your name on the search engine. To boost your visibility you should consider buying a domain name that typically will look something like
You should buy a domain that includes your name will greatly increase the control you have over what people see when they search you on google. There is another step that you can take to boost your online presence is writing content articles that are related to your specialty.
Step 3: Keep learning
The third and most important step is to continue developing your skills. You should know everything about your profession. In this digital era, industries are constantly changing and you need to stay as up-to-date as possible, considering that your presence is competing with the entire online world.
You should join associations that represent your profession, that associations will offer workshops or seminars that will give you another expert’s ideas and experience in your area.
Step 4: Make network and friends
The downside to focusing on building your social media accounts and website is that people need to somehow find or be shown them. Networking brings you in direct contact with some other experts and employers in a face-to-face meeting.
And real -world networking makes a great companion to your online presence as no one in your field could recognize your name and your online account would not carry as much importance.
You can also get benefits from being in contact with your classmates, friends, relatives and colleagues. These people might have special insights on your current and future trends in your field and they also could be acquainted with your potential employers or clients. There is another way that by establishing connections and introducing yourself to others and you are building your standard by word of mouth.
How do you create a personal brand example?
- Identify your passion- To know that what you are truly passionate about is the most important thing to create a personal brand. But there is a common mistake that most people make is that they assume that their current job must be their passion. You should be careful when deciding what to build your personal brand around but if you are not truly passionate about it then you will eventually run out of energy to keep in going.
- Find out where your targeted audience spends their time- You should figure out that which social networking is the best for your personal branding. If the majority of your target audience is on Facebook then you should create a Facebook account and figure out where your audience spends their time and make your presence there known.
- Create great and meaningful content- Your content should be meaning full and are going to attract your audience, prove your expertise and monetize your actions. If you are creating great content that will provide value to your audience.
Amy Cuddy: Brings work to life
I hope that you are familiar with the widely viewed Ted Talk that is Your body language shapes who you are? Amy Cuddy a social psychologist and associate professor at Harvard Business School demonstrates the success one can reach and the amount of people their work can touch, by using digital networks, online platforms and building a forceful offline presence.
Amy Cuddy serves as a testament to the heights one’s work will get by harnessing tools to achieve additional and additional individuals.